Custom Search

September 15, 2009

ENTERTAINMENT : SPORTS

Speed racer


Fast
Feem


Thai champ races to the top



" My father held me in hid arms as he stood on the podium after winning
a compoetition in Malaysia,"Feem said. " Since that moment, I've dreamed of
standing on a podium myself "

Need For Speed
By the age of 7, Feem was already racing motorcycles. Since 1998,
young rider has become a local champion in the 110cc, 112cc, 125cc and
150cc categories. Once he had these achievement under his belt, Feem worked toward
competing internationally.
In 2006, Feem finally made history by being the first Thai motorcycle racer to qualify for the World Grand Prix in Japan.
" That was my most memorable competition so far because it was my first
World Grand Prix, " Feem said. " I managed to finist 10th in the competition.

Going Inter
After entering the Moto GP World Competition, Feem decided to move to Barcelona, where his Thai Honda
PTT SAG team is supported by the Stop and Go Team.

"We have a team in Spain, and there are lots of racetracks in Europe, " Feem said. " Living in Spain makes it easier for me to travel to lots of competitions. "

Feem had to spend as much time adjusting to his new environment as he did preparing for the European
competitions.
I"ve lived in Spain for three years bow, but the first year was hard, learning Spanish and getting used to the food, " he said." I felt pretty lonely at first because I spent most of my time in gyms, on racetracks or
travelling throgh hotels and airports.



I always do my best.

Top Ten
Feem still dreams of making the top of the world ranking. " My goal is to reach the top 10 this year, " he said."
Sometimes I feel discouraged, but I haven't given up my dream to be on the podium.
The toung racer always appreciates the support he gets from his fans.
" Whenever I race, there are lots of people watching and supporting me, so I always do my best, "Feem said."

Champion Advice
Feem believes that rookie racers who want to succeed internationally need to have a genuine love for speed. " To be successful, you need strong determination, and you really have to love riding motorcycles at high speed, " he said." But you should never race outside of a proper racetrack "

By..Student weekly

No comments:

Post a Comment